The Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey seeks qualified candidates for the Senior Research Specialist position.
The center’s research portfolio includes projects that address a broad range of planning and policy topics, including: statewide and regional planning, technology transfer and innovation deployment, transit-oriented development, bicycle and pedestrian transportation, transit planning, emerging mobility options, environmental justice and equity, among others. The Senior Research Specialist will potentially lead projects as well as provide project management and research support on assigned projects. Responsibilities include:
- Serves as Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI, project manager and/or task leader overseeing the execution of work plan tasks on externally-funded projects and programs
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative research, applied planning, training and technical assistance activities
- Writes proposals and contributes to business development activities in order to maintain and grow the level of external funding available to support the center’s research, planning, training and technical assistance activities
- Enhances the visibility of the center and the center’s programs/work products by participating on industry-related external committees, making presentations at conferences, writing and co-authoring reports and articles
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical assistance to outside agencies, professionals, policy makers, and the general public
For a more detailed description of the Senior Research Specialist position, click here.
- Applicants should possess a Master’s degree in urban planning, public policy, transportation planning or engineering, or a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of planning principles and practices and/or public policy development; quantitative and qualitative research methods and analysis; as well as article/report preparation and submission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy
Preferred Knowledge and Expertise:
- Demonstrated technical and non-technical professional writing
- Demonstrated interest in spatial and non-spatial data analysis and data management
- Research, evaluation and policy assessment using quantitative and qualitative research methods and tools (e.g., ArcGIS, Excel, MS-Access, Stata, R, SPSS, survey design, focus groups) applied to projects
- In-person and online outreach, engagement, and conference planning
Interested candidates should apply via the internet through the Rutgers University office of human resources at the following link: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/201987
Rutgers is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
About VTC: The Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers University (RU-VTC) is a national leader in the research and dvelopment of innovative transportation policy. Established in 1998, RU-VTC is one of several research centers within the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy. The center specializes in identifying and exploring linkages between transportation and other public policy areas, such as economic development, land use, political governance, finance and social policy. The center has an annual operating and research budget of approximately $4 million. Additional information on VTC can be found here: http://vtc.rutgers.edu/.