NJ ZIP Help Desk
Welcome to the New Jersey Zero Emission Incentive Program (NJ ZIP) Help Desk!
This website is designed to help purchasers, vendors, and interested parties, successfully navigate the NJ ZIP: Voucher Pilot Program for Medium Duty and Heavy Vehicles launched by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA).
The NJ ZIP pilot program is a first-come, first-serve voucher program designed to incentivize the adoption of zero-emission medium- and heavy-duty vehicles (ZE MHDVs) by New Jersey businesses and institutions, especially those operating within overburdened communities.
The Rutgers Voorhees Transportation Center has partnered with NJ EDA for Phase 2 of this pilot program to provide comprehensive technical assistance on all things zero-emission vehicle conversion, including resources such as tools, factsheets, webinars, and more! From detailed guides on how to complete your application to helpful tips and tricks for optimizing your submission, we are here to support you every step of the way.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via call or text at (732) 790-0663.
Looking for information?
Please see below for some quick links to help for reference throughout your application process
Check out our newest webinar!
Lunch and Learn Working with Utilities Webinar
Watch a recorded webinar to learn more about New Jersey’s four utility companies. This webinar offers a concise guide for small business owners on installing electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and managing their electric fleets. This webinar is part of an ongoing series of New Jersey Zero-Emission Incentive Program (NJ ZIP) webinars hosted by the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at Rutgers University, in partnership with the New Jersey Economic Development Authority.
Lunch and Learn with GNEC (Greater Newark Enterprise Corporation): learn more about GNEC and their resources for small businesses that support electric vehicle ownership, including technical assistance with business development and financing.
NJ EDA Resources
- NJ ZIP Phase 2 Vendor Webinar: Presentation outlining changes for vendors in Phase II of the program, eligibility, and application process
- NJ ZIP Vendor Application Walk-Thru: Step-by-step screenshots of vendor application including documentation requirements, definitions, and more
- Phase 2 Information: Eligibility & Compliance Requirements, Voucher Amounts, Application Process, Conditions of Funding, NJ ZIP Approved Vendors
- NJ ZIP Phase 2 Purchaser Webinar: Presentation outlining changes for purchaser portion in Phase II of the program, eligibility, and application process
- NJ ZIP Purchaser Application Walk-Thru: Step-by-step screenshots of purchaser application including documentation requirements, definitions, and more
- NJ EDA Portals account/login: To access application portal
- NJ ZIP Vehicle List: Profiles for NJ ZIP approved vehicles, including prices and vendor contact info
- Applying for an EIN: All for-profit and non-profit corporations, LLCs, LLPs and LPs must first obtain an employer identification number (EIN) from the IRS, an EIN is required for the NJZIP application
- NJ Online Business Formation Portal: To start a new business in the state of NJ, or authorize a legal entity in NJ for your business in another state
- NJ Business Registration Portal: For new businesses to acquire business certificate, registration is required to do business in New Jersey and to obtain Tax Clearance certificates
- NJ Uniform Certification Service: Registration for MWB, MBE, DVOB, VOB certifications to qualify for bonuses
- Tax Clearance Certificate: Portal to extract Tax Clearance Certificate for NJ Businesses MUST List NJEDA for application
- Titling a New Vehicle Checklist: Steps on how to title and register your new electric vehicle through the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. Documentation required to redeem NJ ZIP vouchers
- To get a Corpcode: Corporation Codes are needed for business certifications
- Verify Business Registration Certificate Service: For existing businesses, to verify the registration status of your business and obtain a Business Registration Certificate
- Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Search: Find and compare alternative fuel vehicles, engines, and hybrid/conversion systems
- Charging Factsheets: Information on charging types, planning, and funding for NJ ZIP applicants
- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Projection Tool: This tool provides a simple way to estimate how much electric vehicle charging you might need and how it affects your charging load profile
- EV Charging Stations in NJ: Map of Charging Stations in NJ
- New Jersey Laws and Incentives for EV Conversion: Listed incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for New Jersey
- New Jersey Small Business Development Directory: A directory for business owners looking for additional technical assistance on business development, financing, and electric vehicle conversion
- NJ Environmental Justice and Overburdened Communities Map: Map of Environmental Justice and overburdened communities as defined by NJ state
- NJ ZIP FAQ (English): Frequently asked questions from purchasers and vendors about the application process
- NJ ZIP FAQ (Español): Preguntas frecuentes de compradores y proveedores sobre el proceso del la aplicacion
- NJ ZIP Overview and Phase 1 Statistics: A one-pager briefly explaining the program and its preliminary performance